Each stage of our life presents challenges and rewards. Youngsters have a lot of energy and a free mind, while elders has less energy and a lot of experience, but we all have a common necessity: support.
As massage therapists and health care assistants, we developed a personal approach to support the senior members of our community through a mix of massage and physical exercise.
One of the major problems of the latest stages of life is the limited mobility, that leads to different disadvantages, like diminished independence and a more vulnerable body. In fact, moving our limbs stimulates the lymph nodes, that work as pumps for our lymphatic vessels, that carry substances vital to the defence of the body as well as help in the removal of waste products.
Researchers believe massage, and touch generally, can strengthen the immune system by stimulating pressure receptors under the skin, which in turn reduces the stress hormone cortisol, the chief culprit in killing natural disease-fighting cells, said Tiffany Field, director of the Touch Research Institute at the University of Miami School of Medicine. Without touch, studies on monkeys have shown, there’s a rise in aggression.
But elderly people, who could use the immune-boosting benefits of touch the most, are getting it the least.
We provide a special dedicated service that helps maintain mobility and independence:
- physical exercise helps keeping or recovering the muscles tone and mobility, leading to a more independence life;
- massage increases a sense of well-being and human vicinity;
- lymphatic system plays a vital role in the body by regulating the immune system, in fact when the lymphatic system becomes compromised in any way, lymphatic fluid builds up and stagnates causing the entire system to become toxic.
Lymphatic drainage massage:
- clears blockages
- eliminates metabolic wastes and toxins from the body
- helps in the transport of nutrients to cells and
- increases metabolic efficiency
- It also has a very calming effect on the nervous system and helps relieve stress and tension
- Helps reduce swelling
- is particularly recommended for soft skins, thanks to it very soft application
If you are interested, reserve a free consultation.
This is a domiciliary service.
LOCATION: 24 Campdale Road, N7 0EB, London